Sisters Songworks: An Intimate Writing Retreat
Celebrating and exploring the art of songwriting in community
- Sisters Songworks is an intimate and intensive weekend writing retreat in beautiful Sisters, Oregon celebrating and exploring the art of songwriting in community. The inaugural event will bring in noted songwriters and poets Beth Wood, Anna Tivel and Tom Kimmel to lead the workshop sessions and mentor participants.
- Sisters Songworks is an opportunity to learn from professional singer-songwriters, connect with others who share a love of songwriting and poetry, share your work in a non-performance focused setting, and engage in creativity in a supportive environment.
- Maximum of 24 participants, divided into smaller groups for workshop sessions.
- All instructors are poets as well as songwriters. The focus will be on the craft of songwriting as a literary artform with an emphasis on lyrics.
- The weekend retreat will include small group workshops, song circles, a community dinner, opportunities for collaboration, and an instructor concert at Sisters’ beautiful listening room The Belfry on Sunday night.
- COST: $375 per person; limited to 25 participants. Lodging is not included in the tuition.
- Refund policy: Cancellations before July 31 will incur a $50 cancellation fee. After that date, partial refunds MAY be issued if the spot can be filled. To request a refund, email email@example.com.
Special statement about COVID-19:
We understand that you may be hesitant to register for Song Academy with the uncertainty of current times. The impact of this virus has been devastating to many industries and businesses, but perhaps none so much as the live music sector. No one knows how long the impact of Coronavirus will last, or when life will be more “normal,” and we want you to have peace of mind as a song camp attendee that you will be offered the following options if the gathering is cancelled due to COVID-19:
1. Full refund of your registration fee
2. Transfer your registration to 2021
3. Exchange your registration fee for an Eventbrite gift card that can be used toward the purchase of any future SFF event, including camps, concerts and future festivals
4. Turn your registration fee into a tax-deductible contribution to Sisters Folk Festival