Posted in News by Beth
Feb…short on days, long on awesome.
Friday Feb 1, 2013
Hey 2013, We’re off to a good start! Greetings friends and fellow music lovers!!
I hope 2013 is off to a great start for y’all! Things are good here at BW headquarters and it looks like 2013 will be epic. I know the word epic gets overused but I still love it anyway. Saw “The Hobbit”, it was epic.
February is a short month, thus I will keep this short. Scoop:
2. The News
3. Couple of shows in Feb
4. The Future
1. Gratitude. Thank you to Ben and everyone at the Brewers Union in Oakridge for an awesome evening! I am so thankful to the fine folks in the DC area who made my recent trip out there so wonderful. Thanks to the Ochs family for taking such good care of me! Thanks to Scott and the Focus Music folks in Rockville, to Bridget and the Arlington Cinema Drafthouse, to Domenic Cicala and the City of Gaithersburg Arts Barn, and to David & Erica and all at the Stone Room! I had a great time hearing music from Lincoln Durham, Allie Farris and Brent Peterson. Thank you to all of you who wrote me with your ideas for that March date in MN…and thanks to my folks for coming to visit us in gray rainy Eugene and helping us with the house. My kitchen has shelf paper now and my dad put a bird feeder outside my office window so i can watch the chickadees, nuthatches, juncos, jays, and a beautiful pair of varied thrushes who have happy hour every day. YAY!
2. The News. Great news…I have been doing more recording here in Eugene with Tyler Fortier producing and the great Peter Perdichizzi on guitar! We are almost done with my song “Broken Elevator Heart” and getting ready to start another. Recording with these guys is so easy and fun and has gotten me truly excited about recording again.
Another exiting thing to think about is how to release my new material. It occurs to me…why make people wait another year for an album when these songs are happening now? So I am working on developing a song subscription program. The basic premise is this:
1. I am the sole owner of my music so I can do whatever the hell I want with it, woohoo!
2. A subscription would cost $10 and folks who sign up would get one song per month for 10 months delivered in MP3 format. This would give us time to work on the songs while getting some of them out there at the same time.
3. If you still like a pysical CD, no worries! For $15, you can belong to the subscription series AND I will send you a CD when it’s done.
4. Another idea…you can sign up for the acoustic version of the songs or the produced version…whatever you like!
5. I’m still working on this idea and hoping to launch with the first song being delivered in April.
6. I’d love to hear your ideas/feedback. Let’s think outside the box y’all! Or better yet, let’s obliterate the box.
I am stoked for a month at home in Feb with a couple of special shows. Feb’s calendar is intentionally light as I take more time to reflect, rest, write, and get my biz in order for the coming year. I am honored to be a part of Winterfolk’s 25th anniversary concert at the Aladdin Theater in Portland on Feb 2. Details are below in the tour section. This wonderful benefit was started by folksinger Tom May and it benefits the organization Sisters of the Road. Headlined by Peter Yarrow! And I’m also thrilled to be invited to perform at a house concert/benefit in Eugene for the Friends of Buford Park and Mt.Pisgah! And on the last day of Feb, I will start my FL mini-tour in St Petersburg, yay!
Finally, the great Dave Stoddard and I are doing an epic tour of MN/WI in March. Some are up on the website but there is more…full details coming soon!
3. Feb Shows
SAT, FEB 2 – Winterfolk 25 – Portland, OR. Now in its 25th year, Winterfolk is the annual Portland folk festival benefiting Sisters Of The Road. Winterfolk 25 will be held February 2, 2013 at the historic Aladdin Theater. Concert headliner is folk legend Peter Yarrow (of Peter, Paul and Mary). Other acts include The Rite of Spring, BW, Doug Smith, Jim Page & Billy Oskay, Dick Weissman, Sky in the Road, Duncan Phillips, Artichoke All-Stars and the Tom May Trio! Don’t miss this incredible line up! Tickets will be $30 in advance or $32 at the door. Sisters Of The Road is a 33-year-old non-profit dedicated to creating community, providing nutritious food, and organizing for human rights and dignity for all people. Sisters’ non-profit Cafe is the flagship of the organization, serving up hundreds of hot, nourishing meals every week day for very little cost or in exchange for bartered work.
SAT, FEB 23 – House Concert and Benefit for Friends of Buford Park and Mt.Pisgah – Eugene, OR. FOBP is a non-profit organization that works to conserve the Greater Mt. Pisgah area’s incredible botanical, wildlife and recreational values. Nature and friends and music…YAY! If you are interested in attending, please email Margie at margjam57 [AT] gmail.com.
THU, FEB 28 – Wolf Howl Concerts – St Petersburg, FL. For reservations and directions, please email Ann at awolf [AT] jmwolf.net. All ages welcome. $20 suggested donation. 7:30 pm.
More tour dates below…
Domenic Cicala took some great pics at the Arts Barn in Gaithersburg, including the one up above. Click here to see more of his pics!
this sky awaited me when i landed in DC…
sweet pic from the Brewers’ Union show in Oak Ridge…such an awesome night!
the sun came out for 20 minutes at the dog park in Eugene on Jan 31…it was epic.
it’s a Ben Beamer birthday photobomb at Brewers Union, courtesy of Marty Ochs!
4. The Future. I am getting excited about this new music. Plotting and planning how I can get it out there. I’m having a blast with vocal coaching – if anyone in Eugene, or Oregon for that matter, is interested in vocal coaching, holler at me! I am so grateful to you for caring about me and my music, I feel truly blessed! Your fan,
BethWoodMusic, PO Box 864, Eugene, OR, 97440
lemme hear from ya:bethwoodmusic [AT] hotmail.com
BW World Headquarters: www.bethwoodmusic.com
Check me out on Facebook, I go there sometimes.
Here I am on Myspace, I go there less but you know how it is.
I barely know how to use it, but here I am on Twitter
Mountain Time Booking
406-587-9318 (Mountain Time)
mtntimerenee [AT] msn.com